About Our Church
Morrison Chapel was established through the efforts of Mrs. D. A. Tedder, who wanted a Sunday School for her children to attend in this community. Sunday School began to be held in 1924 in a two-room, tenant house on Morrison Chapel Road. In April of that same year, once a month services began to be held. The first sanctuary was built on donated property from Mrs. G.W. Morrison in March 1925. Between 1928-32, the church added Sunday School rooms, and between 1933-34, the church added an auditorium. A new sanctuary was built in 1954. Between 1975-84, a new educational wing was built, followed by a fellowship hall between 1991-98. In March 2010, work on a new sanctuary began, as more room was needed to seat all who were attending. It was dedicated for service in September 2012. All throughout the years, the Lord has burdened the hearts of the members of Morrison Chapel to reach out in our community, and God has blessed our faithfulness all along the way. We not only celebrate His provisions in the past, but we are looking forward to what He is going to do in and through us in the future!
Morrison Chapel adheres to the Southern Baptist Faith and Message 2000, while we are autonomously governed by our church constitution and bylaws.
Morrison Chapel is a purpose driven church:
We live life on mission - the Great Commission - making disciples, as we going through our daily lives, of all those who God puts in our path.(Matthew 28:18-20)
We live life loving God, loving others, and loving each other - the Great Commandments.
(Matthew 22:37-40; John 13:34-35)
We live life pursuing God's plan for reaching our community, our nation, and the ends of the earth with the good news of God's salvation.